Our main aim is to provide culturally sensitive day resource services for the elderly Indian community. We offer a large range of activities at our centre that offer educational, fitness, social and above all fun events for all.
Some of Our Activities
- Transport to and from the centre provided by our minibuses.
- Entertainment through TV, Video, Radio and live performances by members
- Music sessions everyday.
- Luncheon Club, nutritious vegetarian meals freshly outsourced.
- Library facilities – English, Gujarati, Hindi.
- Arts and handicrafts classes weekly.
- Chiropody fortnightly
- Medical talk from from various institution
- Screening clinic once a month on blood pressure, blood sugar, chest diseases, heart diseases etc
Some Other Benefits We Offer
- Information, advice through a Link Worker every Thursday.
- Yoga and exercise on Wednesday and Thursday consecutively.
- Respite care, leisure and trips for carers
- Monthly coach trips to places of interest outside of Manchester
- Weekly general meeting of users.
- Subcommittees for different activities – convenor of each subcommittee is a member of management committee.
- Regular fund raising activities.
- Management committee meeting 1st Monday of each month
- Quarterly monitoring questionnaires
- Quarterly newsletters
- Quarterly monitoring by all social services departments